Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hampton Injured - Least Shocking News of the Millenium




You just can't make something like this up because it just would not be believable given the past 3 + years of Hampton's medical history, so I will give you the news exactly as it was presented during the TV telecast. "Mike Hampton injured his left pectoral muscle while warming up just 10 minutes before the opening pitch." Seriously? What does this guy have to do to get the baseball gods to smile upon him? Hopefully the injury is as minor as the groin pull Hampton suffered during spring training. If that is the case then Hampton likely would not miss his next start. Let's be real honest though . . . does anyone expect the Hampton will pitch more than 30 or 40 innings before suffering yet another injury?



I almost posted around 3 this afternoon that Hampton had fallen out of the hot tub and injured his pitching hand but I held off as I thought I would wait and post a "feel good" story about Hampton's comeback from injury. I should have followed my first instinct.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts cursed him. I love the picture! :)

Big Baller said...

That sucks for yall, I hope he comes around. I gave y'all are shot out give me one.
www.strosb4hoes.blogspot.com